Wednesday, October 3, 2012

UVEI

Emily Sheehan is our intern teacher from The Upper Valley Educators Institute (UVEI).  She grew up in Plainfield, NH and attended Bates College in Maine.  Emily is the third intern I have had from the UVEI program.  It is a wonderful resource in our area for those choosing to enter the field of teaching.  You can learn more about UVEI here.  

Having Emily join us is a wonderful opportunity for the students and myself.  The students benefit from having two teachers and it is a great professional growth opportunity for me as a teacher.  The collaboration and learning that takes place between mentor teacher and intern is ongoing and so valuable to both of us.

Emily will complete 7 solo days, 2 individually and 5 consecutive.  I will let you know in advance when her solo week is approaching.  I hope that your child is enjoying having Miss Sheehan in the classroom.  I know that I am.  It will be a sad day in December when she leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment