Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Relaxed Reading

Sometimes we just need to take a break from all the hard work we are doing!  We call this relaxed reading (shhhh, don't tell them they are still working hard!).  The students choose a comfortable place in the room to read quietly to themselves.  Many like to use one of the cushions or pillows I have available and others love to sit in the teacher's chair.  Relaxed reading provides a great time for me to listen to a variety of students whisper read their books to me.
A very relaxed reader!

Looking comfy!

Cushion reading and the rocking chair.


The teacher's chair!


2 comments:

  1. i like this idea! so important to be comfortable when you are reading; i think that it adds to the enjoyment. thank you for sharing!
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love to curl up in a comfortable spot and read, read, read!!

    ReplyDelete