Friday, June 7, 2013

Progress

This week, I gave the students their May journals and asked them to look through them and tell me what they noticed.  They said they noticed nice writing, spaces between words, words spelled correctly and lots of sentences. 

Then, I gave them their journals from September and asked them to look through them and tell me what they noticed.  It was really funny to watch their reactions.  They couldn't believe the way their words looked.  One person even said, "This is a disaster!"  

I love to do this with my first graders since they have a hard time understanding just how much they have learned.  This is a concrete, visual way for them to see that they HAVE come so far in such a short amount of time.  

I hope you were able to see their journals and notice the huge improvement.  They were pretty excited about themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment